2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Towing Chart
- Payload and Max Trailer Weights are ESTIMATED values.
- All weights are shown in pounds unless otherwise stated
- Payload ans Max Trailer Weight values are rounded to the nearest 10 lb.
- Payload = GVWR – Base Weight.
- Trailer Weight Rating and Tow Vehicle Trailering Weight are calculated as specified in SAW J2807.
Passenger Weight = 300 lb.
Options Weight is option content above 33 percent of sales volume.
Trailer equipment weight =
Class IV receiver hitch is 11.1 lb (if not already included in options weight).
Trailer Hitch is 10 lb if TWR is less or equal to 5,000 lb and 65 lb if TWR is greater than 5,000 lb.
- Payload and Trailer Weight Rating are mutually exclusive.
- GAWRs, GVWRs and GCWRs should never be exceeded.
- The recommended tougue weight for a conventional hitch is 10 percent of the gross trailer weight. The maximum tongue weight for Class IV receiver hitch is limited to 1100lb.
- Weight Distrubting Hitch is recommended for trailers over 5,000 lb.
- Quad Cab and Crew Cab models with Off Road Tire (s/c TXN) and/or Steel Wheel (s/c WFP) have 6800 lb GVWR.
- All models with 22 inch Tires (s/c TY4) have 6200 lb GVWR.
- Big Horn and Lone Star packages equipped with the 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel Engines and the 3.92 axle ratio have 13,750 lb. GCWR.